The everis foundation has awarded the Social Entrepreneurship Award 2019-2020 to Karoly Feher, an entrepreneur from the everis Luxembourg office for his project "broomBot", a street cleaning system that uses artificial intelligence and automatic learning to detect, classify and collect garbage from the streets.
The award involves a trip to Japan to learn about NTT Data's entrepreneurial culture at its headquarters in Tokyo, as well as advice from i-deals, a technology company in the everis Group that specializes in technology entrepreneurship.
Among the novelties this year was the public vote for the best project, choosing as the winner the project eDucatec, from the everis Madrid office, which will receive a month of mentoring by i-deals.
This fourth edition of the Award has brought together seven finalist entrepreneurs, everis and NTT Data professionals at the international level (Canada, Spain, Luxembourg, Mexico and Peru), who lead innovative technology projects capable of having a positive impact on society.
These are the finalists:
- eDucatec (everis Madrid): A project that uses virtual reality and predictive hand positioning monitoring to create low-cost teaching environments.
- Ekpapalek (everis Peru): community that includes free mentoring programs that contribute to the academic and professional development of Latin American students.
- SeMAforo Community (everis Madrid): web application that facilitates the management of establishment and business capacity.
- broomBot (everis Luxembourg): street cleaning system that, through artificial intelligence and automatic learning, detects, classifies and collects garbage from the streets.
- SAC (everis Mexico): device to prevent the theft of mobile phones on public transport.
- Early Intervention Solution (NTT Data Services Canada): A system that can identify whether public safety professionals are at risk of post-traumatic stress injury.
- Nunna (everis Peru): mobile app that offers assistance and support for the management of emotional and/or behavioral crisis situations.
With these awards, the everis foundation recognizes everis and NTT Data professionals at the international level who lead technological and innovative projects with a clear social component, which improve the quality of life of people and have a transformative impact on the environments where they are developed.